<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Vetus Pars Help - Retrotroniks Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/</link>
            <description>Retrotroniks Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2026 08:06:50 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>VetusGUI2-0-0-OSX Open Error</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/vetusgui2-0-0-osx-open-error/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 21:24:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hello, 
I just received my VETUS PARS. It is assembled and my first launch of the VetusGUI2-0-0-OSX I get an error. 

&quot;VetusGUI&quot; Not Opened
Apple could not verify &quot;VetusGUI&quot; is free of m...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hello, </p>
<p>I just received my VETUS PARS. It is assembled and my first launch of the VetusGUI2-0-0-OSX I get an error. </p>
<blockquote>
<p>"VetusGUI" Not Opened</p>
<p>Apple could not verify "VetusGUI" is free of malware that may harm your Mac or compromise your privacy.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I think you can fix this by either going to Settings -&gt; Privacy and Security -&gt; Open anyway. </p>
<p>However, I cleaner fix would be for the Apple developer to have have the App notarized by Apple. </p>
<p>I attached screenshot. </p>
<p>Just saying, it would be a cleaner user experience. </p>
<div id="wpfa-543" class="wpforo-attached-file"><a class="wpforo-default-attachment" href="//retrotroniks.com/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1790285044-Screenshot-2026-09-24-at-41818-PM.png" target="_blank" title="Screenshot-2026-09-24-at-4.18.18-PM.png"><i class="fas fa-paperclip"></i>&nbsp;Screenshot-2026-09-24-at-4.18.18-PM.png</a></div>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>mbrando</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/vetusgui2-0-0-osx-open-error/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Atmega Code for Add-on Boards.</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/atmega-code-for-add-on-boards/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 20:19:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I noticed that I forgot to add the atmega code file for add-on boards. It is now there and can be downloaded. Sorry for that omission.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I noticed that I forgot to add the atmega code file for add-on boards. It is now there and can be downloaded. Sorry for that omission. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>NIVBOT</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/atmega-code-for-add-on-boards/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>UI Changes</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/ui-changes/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 28 Jul 2026 16:41:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hello everyone,
I am wrapping up the OSX version of the new GUI very soon and the other OSs soon after. I have one question to ask that I believe I know thew answer to but I would like to h...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p>I am wrapping up the OSX version of the new GUI very soon and the other OSs soon after. I have one question to ask that I believe I know thew answer to but I would like to have your opinions. Sometimes when you are working on something like this certain features might seem to fit or might make sense while developing that don't really do anything for the real end-user. So, I recently decided to make room for more technical features by removing the settings menu page and removing the code and strings section of the chip information screen. It will now show the info as soon as you select the chip and you simply need to click button 2 to test once on that screen.</p>
<p>You will still be able to control everything in the settings from the new GUI app. So, the features will still be there they just won't be hogging up Vetus' display menu. </p>
<p>How does everyone feel about that? My assumption in that no one ever uses anything from the settings more than maybe once or twice and the benefits from doing it this way far exceed whatever downsides there are (if any). I'd love to hear your opinions. </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>-Kelvin </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>NIVBOT</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/ui-changes/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Free 30 pin SIMM boards</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/free-30-pin-simm-boards/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 26 Jun 2026 21:04:47 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey guys,
I have five 30 pin SIMM prototype boards that are built and I&#039;m not going to sell because the new version will actually show up as being connected in Vetus Pars. The five I have w...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hey guys,</p>
<p>I have five 30 pin SIMM prototype boards that are built and I'm not going to sell because the new version will actually show up as being connected in Vetus Pars. The five I have won't do that. It will only show up as unknown or the like. However, it will still function exactly the same. So if you'd like one you can have one just pay for shipping. I only have five though so first come first served. E-mail me at kelvin@retrotroniks.com. I'll look up the cost to ship for ya. Have a good weekend.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div id="wpfa-400" class="wpforo-attached-file"><a class="wpforo-default-attachment" href="//retrotroniks.com/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1782507887-30pin.jpg" target="_blank" title="30pin.jpg"><i class="fas fa-paperclip"></i>&nbsp;30pin.jpg</a></div>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>NIVBOT</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/free-30-pin-simm-boards/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How are things?</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/how-are-things/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 05 Jun 2026 17:33:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hello everyone,
May seems to have been a very slow month on the forums and pretty much every other place. That being said, I just want to know if anyone has any issues, questions, concerns,...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p>May seems to have been a very slow month on the forums and pretty much every other place. That being said, I just want to know if anyone has any issues, questions, concerns, praise? Haha, anyway, I’d love to hear how you guys are liking Vetus Pars and what you’ve done with it and if there are any improvements you’d like to see. Any special chips you’d like a board for? Anything at all.<br />I’m still working daily on improvements and new addons. The new GUIs and first add-ons are coming soon. Hang in there </p>
<p>upcoming in the next several weeks should be at least the OSX version of the GUI with the others following soon after and the 30 pin SIMM tester board. </p>
<p>-Kelvin</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>NIVBOT</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/how-are-things/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>SEND TO VETUS = OK, SAVE TO VETUS = ISSUES</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/send-to-vetus-ok-save-to-vetus-issues/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 30 Mar 2026 00:43:26 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I have a good sized .chip file that is a work-in-progress that I can get to SEND TO successfully and run (or at least appears to, hunting down a logic error in the code), but when I SAVE TO,...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I have a good sized .chip file that is a work-in-progress that I can get to SEND TO successfully and run (or at least appears to, hunting down a logic error in the code), but when I SAVE TO, VetusGUI returns that it completed the save successfully way to soon. First I was thinking Vetus hardware was being efficient and saving the SEND TO version since there were no changes... However, the test does not show in the menu on the hardware.</p>
<p>When I REFRESH to pull the current list, there is a blank file at the bottom of the list in VetusGUI. If I load that from the hardware into VetusGUI, I will get either the correct Code, Chip Name, Num Pins, Chip Type, and Image fields but the String# fields will all be empty or have invalid characters in them - OR - I will get nothing.</p>
<p>A full reboot of the hardware, close/open of VetusGUI and doing a direct SAVE TO results in the same type of behavior. </p>
<p>I'm on Windows 11, I have updated the hardware to 1.0.3. I have other much smaller test chip files that saved and run without issue.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>Midwest Mac</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/send-to-vetus-ok-save-to-vetus-issues/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Chip files save as (unknown) on the Vetus Pars</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/chip-files-save-as-unknown-on-the-vetus-pars/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 26 Mar 2026 21:45:20 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[This just started happening today.  Any .chip files that I save to the unit are displaying as (unknown) when I select &quot;Chip Select&quot; on the Vetus Pars.  If I attempt to run the test, the Vetu...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>This just started happening today.  Any .chip files that I save to the unit are displaying as (unknown) when I select "Chip Select" on the Vetus Pars.  If I attempt to run the test, the Vetus just locks up and I have to power it off and on.  In the VetusGUI; if I try to view the file that I loaded, they do not contain a name, but they are clickable as if a blank or null placeholder is there.  I clicked on one of the blank spots and attempted to load it, but nothing appears in the code viewer.</p>
<p>Next I deleted some of the pre-installed tests that came on my Vetus and attempted to load them from the website (ex 6502-cj.chip, 4164.chip).  From the GUI I can save the file and do get confirmation that the file saved, although repeating the above steps still shows a blank entry. </p>
<p>I've tried to backdate the firmware to 1.0.2, but got the same results.</p>
<p>I've tried to reinstall the firmware to 1.0.3, but also got the same results.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Is it possible the internal memory has become corrupted?  and is it possible to factory reset this?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>System - Windows 11.</p>
<p>Firmware - 1.0.3</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>cruvar</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/chip-files-save-as-unknown-on-the-vetus-pars/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Connection issues</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/connection-issues/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 26 Mar 2026 20:42:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am getting the most frustrating connection issues between the VetusGUI and the Vetus Pars.  When I attempt to connect, it has to be done in a specific order or else it fails to connect. 
...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I am getting the most frustrating connection issues between the VetusGUI and the Vetus Pars.  When I attempt to connect, it has to be done in a specific order or else it fails to connect. </p>
<p>The order is:  Port (select a com port), Add (add a chip file), Highlight the file, Click Load, Select USB Mode from the Vetus Pars.  Any deviation of this and the GUI does not see the Vetus Pars.</p>
<p>Is there a driver that I may need to install.  I have tried this on USB 2, USB 3 ports, and multiple USB cables.  All produce the same result. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>cruvar</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/connection-issues/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Vetus Pars stopped working?</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/vetus-pars-stopped-working/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 24 Mar 2026 10:29:15 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi All,
Just received my unit and put together. Super please with build quality.
&nbsp;
Did my first test on a 4464 DRAM chip. Takes a while but the chip passed.
&nbsp;
A little bit lat...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>Just received my unit and put together. Super please with build quality.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Did my first test on a 4464 DRAM chip. Takes a while but the chip passed.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>A little bit later ran the test on a second 4464 chip. Does a column count to 255 and then goes to the next section of the test and the DRAM fails. I tried this with a number of chip and get the same issue. I tried the first chip that did pass and now it's failing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Using the VU GUI on my Mac, I can't actually see the unit connected although it did show up previously.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>macsonny</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>macsonny</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/vetus-pars-stopped-working/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>*BUG* Register variable</title>
                        <link>https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/bug-register-variable/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 25 Feb 2026 04:41:41 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was tidying up 6502 code and ran across a bug. As of right now if you set a variable for a register via DIM REG #R0 it will not allow you to replace the normal 0x0 usage for the register w...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was tidying up 6502 code and ran across a bug. As of right now if you set a variable for a register via DIM REG #R0 it will not allow you to replace the normal 0x0 usage for the register with the variable value. In other words, when you need to set a register value or something is sending a value to a register you still need to use the plain hex value. RDPIN 0x1 0x5 0x0 that would read pin 1 and put the result into register 5. As of right now, if you declare the register like DIM REG #R5, then doing RDPIN 0x1 REG 0x0 would not put the value into the correct register. </p>
<p>This will be fixed with the next update. Just remember that if you need to set the register value in any way then you need to use either a regular HEX value or set a regular hex value variable for the register just for when setting value. For now. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/">Vetus Pars Help</category>                        <dc:creator>NIVBOT</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://retrotroniks.com/community/vetus-pars-help/bug-register-variable/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		